Sprachenakademie Aachen is an internationally oriented education provider. Its focus areas are academic language acquisition (emphasis: German as a foreign language), access to education systems and access to the job market.
Apart from German courses for university and work, integration courses and a wide range of standardized language exams, Sprachenakademie also implements tailor-made education programs focusing on language as well as subject-specific and intercultural components – together with partner institutions and companies.
Functioning as the language center of FH Aachen, the academy is in charge of language courses and exams as well as staff training for many of the departments of the Aachen University of Applied Sciences.
The Sprachenakademie headquarters are located in Aachen. Its Chinese office can be found in Beijing, China, and is operated by SETI. On behalf of Sprachenakademie Aachen, SETI takes care of the following tasks:
- Maintenance of partnerships with Chinese universities and companies
- Development and maintenance of an agency network in China
- Organization of delegation tours
- Organization of examination tours
- Translating (simultaneous translation and written translations)
- Participation in educational fairs
- Communication with the German embassy and APS (Akademische Prüfstelle)